Hello Friends + Fans of Parliament,
For the last two years and three months, Parliament has been operating as a collective with two separate spaces; our storefront at 120 S Division Ave, and our studio across the city at 401 Hall St SW. It's been several years of tremendous growth for all three of our businesses as well as Parliament, as we have experimented with what works, what doesn't, and have learned a lot about what we love do to as makers + humans.
That said, two separate spaces has also presented a lot of unforeseen challenges. Which is why we are even more excited about our news:
And we're bringing the store and studio back together under one roof once more, except this time, it will be with three times the making goodness, all located at 136 S Division Ave, GR, MI- and only three doors away from our current shop!
Our new space at 136 S Division is such a gift. It's one of the dreamiest storefronts in Grand Rapids, with two large front windows, full-track lighting, a full kitchen (here come the on-site natural dye-baths y'all!), and a full basement for us to stow our show gear, meaning a shop that can stay open while members of the team hit the road on tour! It's a space that's large enough that we'll be able to bring back workshops, as well as keep more consistent store hours. And with a long-standing history of being home to cross-roads for creatives for the last decade (Most recently our dear neighbors Have Company, Miscellany before that, and originally STORE by the Avenue for the Arts), we're honored to be able to continue that legacy for the next many years to come.
For the remainder of 2016, we will continue to operate the storefront out of our current location for ArtPrize and the Holiday shopping season, and be open on an events and touring basis. See our full calendar of dates + events for the rest of 2016 here! Then, we'll be hosting a Grand Re-Opening of the shop and studio for February First Friday on 2/2/17. In the meantime, we'll be getting the new studio set up and perfected, planning a Winter Workshop lineup, and keep bringing the making magic to shows + events throughout the holiday season.
We're so grateful for all of our friends, fans, and family that have supported Parliament in this crazy making dream that started as the tiny shop with the huge cat on Division, and has grown to become the collective and community we are today. Without your support, coming to our shop, tracking us down on tour, and showing up, we wouldn't be looking forward to a future that is shining so bright.
Please visit us for the following dates + events, and keep your eyes on our social media for updates on hours!
- ArtPrize 2016: 9/21-10/9
- Virtue Cider Market- Adventure Textiles Spinning Demo + Pop-Up: 9/22
- PtB Pop-Up at the Virtue Cider Percheron Festival: 9/29
- Oct. 1st Friday at PtB: 10/7
- Nov. 1st Friday w/ SugarVibe Jewelry Pop-Up at PtB: 11/4
- LampLight Music Festival- Adventure Textiles Dye Workshop + PtB Pop-Up Shop: 11/5
- Team Parliament at the Virtue Cider Holiday Artists Market: 11/17
- Team Parliament at Show of Hands Chicago: 11/18-20
- Dec. 1st Friday w/ Kate Lewis Ceramics Pop-Up at PtB: 12/2
- Detroit Urban Craft Fair- Featuring Adventure Textiles: 12/2-4
- UICA Holiday Artists Market- Featuring Littlewings Designs: 12/2 + 12/3
- ArtMakers Market at Trinity Lutheran Church GR- Featuring Harbinger Leather Design: 12/3
- Dec. Holiday Open Dates- Everyday 12/6-12/24.
~*~ See you at our Grand Re- Opening at 136 S Division Ave on 2/3/17! ~*~
With much love,